Apple makes it possible for you to offer users a free subscription extension, as an incentive, when they opt in to share their contact information with you for marketing purposes. The user’s opted-in information will be made available in the Sales and Trends module of iTunes Connect. Note that Free Subscriptions can’t offer a marketing opt-in incentive (since the subscription is already free), but users will still be asked if they want to opt-in to share their information.
The marketing opt-in incentive is available with Auto-renewable subscriptions only and are set-up as follows:
- Log in to you iTunes Connect account.
- Choose "manage your apps" and then choose the app that you wish to add the incentive to followed by pressing the "Manage In-App purchases".
- Press the "Create New" button in the top left corner.
- Choose "Auto-Renewable subscriptions" in the type overview.
- When filling in the information you must also fill in the duration information by pressing the "Add duration" button.
- A pop-up window will appear where you will be given the opportunity to choose to offer the marketing opt-in incentive.
If you select Yes, a drop -down menu will be displayed that will allow you to select the incentive duration.
- Fill in the rest of the information as normal and the incentive will now be set up.