After logging in to your Hub account you will be able to see the “User Management” card, on the right hand side of your dashboard.
To control the rights to see or use functionality on your Visiolink Publishing Hub account, you can create a user group containing one of your titles. If you are the manager of a corporation controlling a number of local newspaper titles, you may want to give a user working at one of the local titles access for that one title only.
Create a user group
- Press the “USER MANAGEMENT” button as marked in the picture below.
- After pressing the button, you will be prompted with a new page, which will display the users and the user groups that have been created for your account.
- Press the “CREATE USER GROUP” button as shown below.
- Enter a name for the user group, select an organization (title) and select permissions for the specific user group, as shown below.
The permission tab will allow you to select between different permissions for the user group. The selected permissions can allow the users in that specific group, to either edit/create content or only to view content. If the group is only allowed to view content, it will not have the capability to make any changes whatsoever to that specific content.
It is therefore important that the permissions for the groups are carefully considered before creating them. Permissions can be modified after groups have been created.
Create a user
- Press the button “CREATE USER” as marked below.
- After you press the button, you will be prompted with a new screen where you will have to enter the name, e-mail address, a password and provide a group for the new user you are creating, as shown below. One user can be added to multiple user groups.
- Press the “SAVE” button in order to save the new user. You must provide the new user with his/her login credentials, as this does not automatically succeed.
Note: All users can create new users but they will only be able give away the same read and write rights as they have themselves.