This article will show you how to create a custom report to receive data from our download event.
We have defined the download event on our own to include download events across all newer versions on all platforms. This means that you can see the total number of downloads for iOS, Android and Desktop in the same place in Google Analytics.
The download event is triggered as soon as a user starts to download a publication. A user cannot download the same publication twice unless it is deleted from the device.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Choose your ePaper ‘view’
3. Go to your ‘Customization’ tab in the top left corner of Google Analytics:
4. Click ‘New Custom Report’
5. Fill out the forms exactly like the image below and click ‘save’:
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you can see the total number of downloads as displayed below.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range.
The Event Category describes the downloads for individual publications. To see even more publications, click the ‘Show rows’ dropdown menu in the bottom right corner, and select your desired number of rows. If you select 100 rows, you will be able to see data for the 100 most popular publications for the selected date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same report to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department.