This article will show you how to create a Google Analytics account.
To be able to integrate Google Analytics tools in your Visiolink product(s) you need to follow these steps. At the end of this guide, you will have created a Google Analytics account, a property and a view. You have to send Visiolink the tracking ID and add Visiolink as a user of the account. Here is how to do it:
- Go to www.analytics.google.com
- Sign in with your Google Analytics information or create a new account
- If you created a new account; fill in the form with your personal information and press 'Next step' accept the Service Agreement. You might be asked for verification by e-mail or text message.
- Now you need to set up the account. You are going to create a website view. Fill in as follows:
- Start by creating a new account for Website
- Account name: This should be the name of your paper, e.g. 'The Daily News'.
- Website's URL: www.e-pages.dk
- Press 'Get tracking ID'
- Please provide Visiolink with the tracking ID
- You have now created a Google Analytics account. Now you need to give Visiolink access to the account. Press 'User Management'.
- Add permissions for email@example.com. Allow this user to Edit. Check the 'Notify this user by email'-box.
- Press 'Add'
- You will see a list of (at least) two users of the account; you and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now you should be able to see Website tracking (All Web Site Data) on your Home Screen. If it shows up, you are done!
If you have any questions regarding Google Analytics, feel free to contact us.