This article will show you how to create a custom report to retrieve our article view event.
With this report, you can retrieve article views across all newer versions on all platforms.
The article view is a custom event used to locate information on the number of article views in the applications. The event is triggered every time a user clicks on an article in the publication and the article view opens.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Choose your ePaper, and click ‘All Web Site Data’
3. Go to your customization tab in the top left corner of Google Analytics
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the forms exactly like the image below and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you should be able to see the data from the Article Event.
The Event Label describes the article title in the XML. To see even more articles, click the ‘Show rows’ drop-down menu in the bottom right and select your desired number of rows. If you select 100 rows, you will be able to see data for the 100 most popular articles in your publication for the selected date range.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same one to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department.