Bemærk, at denne artikel pt kun findes på engelsk.
By enabling your Android Service Account in your Google Play Developer Console, you can help Visiolink to make the app update process as fast and efficient as possible. Please follow these steps to enable your Android Service Account. Only the account owner (the person who created the account) is allowed to make the necessary changes.
By providing your Visiolink contact with your login credentials, we can help you enabling your Service Account. Visiolink will use your login solely to follow the procedure below. Please change your password shortly after the procedure has been carried through.
- Go to Google Play Developer Console by clicking this link: https://play.google.com/apps/publish/ and login using your Google Developer Account credentials
- Click the "Settings" icon in the left menu bar (DE: "Einstellungen")
- Select "API Access" (DE: "API-Zugriff")
- Press the "Create new project" button - see screenshot below (DE: "Neues Projekt erstellen"). This will take you to a new page. If you don't see the button, go directly to step 5.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Create Service Account"button - see screenshot below. (DE: "Dienstkonto erstellen")
- A new page appears. Click the link "Google API Console". This will open a new tab. (DE: "Google API Console")
- In the new tab, click the "+ CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT" button at the top of the page - see screenshot below. (DE: "+DIENSTKONTO ERSTELLEN")
- A pop up will appear. Set the Service account name to "Google Play". In the Role dropdown choose "Service Accounts" -> "Service Account User" and "Service Account Token Creator". Check the "Furnish a new private key" checkbox - see screenshot below. (DE: "Google Play", Projekt -> Dienstkontonutzer", "Neuen privaten Schlüssel bereitstellen"
Please note that the screenshot is somewhat outdated.
- Click the "Create" button. Your browser will now create the service account and download a file - see screenshot below. Please email this file to your Visiolink project manager and proceed to step 10. (DE: "Erstellen")
- Press the "Close" button and go to the browser tab, in which you already have Google Play Developer Console open (the browser tab should be called "API access"). (DE: "Schleißen")
- Press the "Done" button. (DE: "Fertig")
- The Google Play Developer Console will now list the newly created service account starting with "google-play@api...". Press the "Grant"button next to it. (DE: "Zugriff erlauben")
- An "Add a new user" page is shown with "Role" set to "Release manager" - see screenshot below. (DE: "NEUEN NUTZER HINZUFÜGEN", "Rolle", "Versionsmanager")
- Scroll down and press the "Add user" button. (DE: "Nutzer hinzufügen")
- This concludes the procedure of enabling your Android Service Account. If you haven't already sent the file acquired in step 9, please email it to your Visiolink Project Manager.