This article will show you how to test your user tracking integration.
To be able to test your Google Analytics user tracking setup you will need to follow these steps. At the end of this guide, you will have verified that your user tracking is working correctly.
What you will need is:
- An ePaper login with a known SSO/Customer-value/User-ID
- Android and iOS tablet or phone
- Credentials for your ePaper Google Analytics account
Here is how to do it:
- Generate data / read a paper, with the login and known User-ID on your Android, iOS and Desktop solutions. Wait up to 24 hours depending on your current Google Analytics solution. - Some GA 360 solutions have a data-freshness of only 15 minutes.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account:
- Go to analytics.google.com
- Sign in with your Google Analytics credentials
- Go to your ePaper view in Google Analytics
- Navigate to Custom Reports under the Customization tab, and click “+New Custom Report”
- Fill out the Custom Report to look like the following, adding "Total Events" as the metric, "SSO ID – hit" as the dimension drilldown.
- The name of the user-id dimension can vary. In this case its called "SSO ID - hit".
Save the report and select the data range in which you generated ePaper data (step 1)
Filter report to only include the user-ID or your login
Make sure that you see the known User ID.
If you see events is logged for your User ID the user tracking in Google Analytics is set up correctly
To further confirm that the events are logged correctly you can add a secondary dimension, e.g. Publication title
- Here is an example:
The Publication Title should correspond with the publication(s) you visited while generating data in step 1.
If you have any questions regarding User tracking in Google Analytics, feel free to contact us.