This article will show you how to make a custom download report, to retrieve authentication data.
The Download Event stores data for authentication. With this data, you will be able to see whether the user has a subscription access or if they bought their subscription in the application.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account
2. Choose your ePaper 'view'
3. Go to your customization tab in the top left corner of Google Analytics
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the forms exactly like the image below and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you should be able to see the authentication data.
The Event Action describes the authentication method associated with the download. You can also retrieve data for voucher campaigns and purchases of single issues in the app. The Web label shows all downloads on Desktop.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same one to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department.