This article will show you how to find the popular reading times with a custom report.
There are a few different ways to locate popular reading times. The easiest way is to look at the time stamps on the Publication (Openings).
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Choose your ePaper 'view'
3. Go to your customization tab in the top left corner of Google Analytics
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the forms exactly like the image below and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you should be able to see the data for the Popular Reading Times.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range.
You will often see a peak in the morning around 8 and a peak in the evening if your publication has early release.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same report to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department.