This article will show you how to retrieve data from our Publication event.
A Publication event is triggered when a user opens a specific publication for the first time and again if a user reopens the publication. The publication event can therefore occur multiple times for the same users.
1. Go to your GA4 property.
2. Go to ‘Explorations’ by clicking on Explore in the menu to the left.
3. Click on the '+' Create a new exploration
4. Every time a new report is created you need to add the ’Dimensions’ and ‘Metrics’ that should be used in the report.
4.a Dimensions: When clicking on Dimensions you will get a list of all googles standard dimension and Visiolink’s custom parameters. You always need to include the Dimension ‘Event Name’ as this is used in all our filters. Further, you can view the list of custom parameters that can be included for the Publication event here. In this Example we will add the dimensions ‘Publication Title’ and 'Event Name'.
4.b Metrics: Here we will use the metric ‘Event Count’ which is a standard google metric that refers to the number of times an event is triggered.
5. When the Dimensions and Metric is added, you can start setting up your report.
6. Start by filling out the report as this (See picture below):
Add a filter for ‘event name’ Contains ‘vl_event_publication’
Add ‘Event Count’ under Values.
Add ‘Event name’ under Rows.
7. Now you can see the total number of Openings for the time period you have chosen.
In this example we have added publication title so you are able to see the openings for a specific title.
8. Remember to name your report - then you will be able to find the report again