Creating a Certificate Authority
Certificate authority is used to sign apps with the correct code signing. It is essential when Visiolink signs apps during test and to create distributable apps.
1. Open keychain in the Application/Utilities folder
2. From the menu in Keychain: Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority ...
3. Put in credentials: email, name and email. Select "save to disk". It is advised that company name is used in common name.
4. Save the signing request "CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest". Please add company name as follows: <my company>_CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest
5. In Keychain select "Keys" and find the created authority. Right click on authority and export it.
6. Save it to disc as a Personal Information Exchange (.p12). Add company name in front. Choose a password to protect the identity.
7. Now you are in possession of two files. Both files are needed by Visiolink!
- CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest - used to request a certificate at http://developer.apple.com
- Certificates.p12 - used to code sign app