This article will show you how to create a custom report to retrieve our custom page view event.
We have defined the page view event on our own to include page views across all newer versions on all platforms. This enables you to see the total number of page views for iOS, Android and Desktop in the same place.
New Visiolink applications are quite different from the earlier versions. Not just in terms of layout but in terms of event tracking. Several changes have been incorporated with the introduction of Google Tag Manager (December, 2014) in Visiolink applications. One of the more evident changes is the removal of page views from newer apps. An app using Google Tag Manager does not send page views to the website view in Google Analytics. However, we incorporated the page view as an event to provide a more precise metric for page views.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account
2. Choose your ePaper 'view’
3. Go to your customization tab in the top left corner of Google Analytics:
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the forms exactly like this image and click ‘Save’:
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you can see the amount of page views for your applications.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range.
The Event Label describes the page number for the page views. To see even more pages, click the ‘Show rows’ dropdown menu in the bottom right corner and select your desired number of rows. If you select 100 rows, you will be able to see data for the 100 most popular pages in your publication for the selected date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same report to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department.