This article will show you how to get data for the Interstitial event.
Ads are increasingly becoming important with the ePaper and the Interstitial event provides a great opportunity to leverage the digital format of the ePaper.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account
2. Choose your ePaper 'view'
3. Go to the 'Customization' tab in the top left corner of Google Analytics.
4. Click 'New Custom Report'.
5. Fill out the report exactly as shown below and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. You will now be able to see data for the Interstitial event. By using Event Action, we are telling Google we want to look at the Impressions and Clicks for all Interstitials in the selected period.
In this case, the interstitials in the selected date range have tracked 374 impressions and 29 clicks. If you choose to use 'Event Label' in the dimension drilldown you will be able to see the names of the interstitials instead of the impressions and clicks.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same report to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you want to know more about interstitials or have questions about the setup, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department with your questions.