This article will show you how to retrieve data from our Interstitial Event.
We have defined the Interstitial Event on our own to include interstitials across all newer versions on all platforms. This enables you to see the total number of interstitials for iOS, Android and Desktop in the same place.
The interstitial event is triggered every time a reader swipes to an interstitial. When it is shown, it sends an ‘Impression’ event. If the reader clocks on the ad, a ‘Click’ event is sent to GA. When a reader returns to the publication from an in-app landing page a new event is not triggered.
Like the page view event, the interstitial sends an additional event when a reader returns to a screen with an interstitial showing.
Android: When an external URL is pressed, it is considered exiting the newspaper.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Choose your ePaper, and navigate to your desired view
3. Go to 'Custom Reports' located under the customization tab in the top left side of GA
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill in the forms exactly like this image and click ‘Save’:
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. You will now be able to see data for the Interstitial event. By using Event Action, we are telling Google we want to look at the Impressions and Clicks for all Interstitials in the selected period.
In this case, the interstitials in the selected date range have tracked 374 impressions and 29 clicks. If you choose to use 'Event Label' in the dimension drilldown you will be able to see the names of the interstitials instead of the impressions and clicks.
The results will vary depending on what "Dimension Drilldowns" you are using.
The different options you have are:
Event Category sends the customer name, folder ID, publication ID and the event type.
Example: ’borsen/12264 - Interstitial’
Event Label will send the interstitial name.
Example: 'Kollund Møbler’
Event Action reports how the user interacted with the interstitial.
Example: ’Impression’, 'Click’
7. For specific date range, go to the top right corner and choose the desired date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same one to get data for a new date range, you don't need to make a new report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact Customer Care on email@example.com who will forward it to our Business Consulting department.