This article will show you how to create a custom report to retrieve our search event.
With this report, you can retrieve searches across all newer versions on all platforms.
Search is a custom event used to locate information on the searches in the applications. The event is triggered every time a user makes a search in the current publication, the downloaded publications, or the archive.
Search events are categorized into 3 different groups; Current, Local and Archive.
- Current: A search in an open publication
- Local: A seach in library or bookmarks
- Archive: A search in the archive
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Choose your ePaper, and navigate to your desired view
3. Go to 'Custom Reports' located under the customization tab in the top left side of GA
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the forms exactly like the image below and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you should be able to see the data from the Search Event.
The Event Label describes the search query. To see even more searches, click the ‘Show rows’ dropdown menu in the bottom left corner and select your desired number of rows. If you select 100 rows, you will be able to see data for the 100 most frequent searches in your publication for the selected date range.
The content being shown is different depending on your choice in "Dimension Drilldowns".
The different options are:
Event Category sends the customer name and the event type.
Example: ’borsen - Search’
Event Label shows the search query.
Example: ’spiderman’, 'trump'.
Event Action displays the search category.
Example: ’Current’, 'Local', 'Archive'.
7. For specific date range, go to the top right corner and choose the desired date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same one to get data for a new date range, you don't need to make a new report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact Customer Care on firstname.lastname@example.org who will forward it to our Business Consulting department.