This article will show you how to create a custom report to retrieve our automatic download event.
With this report, you can retrieve automatic downloads across all newer versions on all platforms.
The automatic download is a custom event used to locate information on the type of download in the applications. The event is triggered if automatic download is enabled in the application. You can read more on the specifics of the automatic download here: Automatic Download.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account
2. Choose your ePaper 'view'
3. Go to your customization tab in the top left corner of Google Analytics
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the forms exactly like the image below and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Click 'Save'. Now you should be able to see the data from the Automatic Download Event.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range.
The Event Label describes dates for the downloads. To see even more downloads, click the ‘Show rows’ dropdown menu in the bottom right corner and select your desired number of rows. If you select 100 rows, you will be able to see data for the 100 most downloaded publications for the selected date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same report to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department.