This article will show you how to create a custom report to retrieve our download event for a specific publication.
With this report, you can retrieve downloads across all newer versions on all platforms.
The Download Event is a custom event used to locate information on the downloads in the applications. The event is triggered every time a user opens a publication.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Choose your ePaper, and navigate to your desired view
3. Go to 'Custom Reports' located under the customization tab in the top left side of GA
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the forms exactly like the image below. Replace *NAME* with the name of the publication you want to find downloads for, and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you should be able to see the data from the Download Event.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same report to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department.