This article will show you how to make a custom report that will retrieve data for the views that are not recorded in the publication event, such as 'Coverflow', 'Login', 'Downloads' and 'info'.
With the implementation of the app view in Google Analytics, Google introduced the concept of Screen Views, where a website is using the page view term, the apps are using Screen Views.
The Visiolink page view event will track all the page views in the applications when the user opens a new page. The custom event will track the page views on all platforms. However, these page views only happen when the user is in the publication.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account
2. Choose your ePaper 'view'
3. Go to the 'Customization' tab in the top left corner of Google Analytics
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the report exactly as shown below and click 'save'
6. You will now be able to see data from all the different screens in your applications. The 'Authentic' screen name refers to data from reading the publication. The best measure of views in the publication is found with our custom page view event. You can find it here: Page Views.
7. To get the data for the specific date range you want to track, go to the top right corner of Google Analytics and choose the desired date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same report to get data for a new date range, there is no need to make a new custom report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact our Business Consulting department.