This article will show you how to make a custom download report, to retrieve authentication data.
The Download Event stores data for authentication. With this data, you will be able to see whether the user has a subscription access or if they bought their subscription in the application.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Choose your ePaper, and navigate to your desired view
3. Go to 'Custom Reports' located under the customization tab in the top left side of GA
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill in the forms exactly like the image below and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you should be able to see the authentication data.
The Event Action describes the authentication method associated with the download. You can also retrieve data for voucher campaigns and purchases of single issues in the app.
The content being shown is different depending on your choice in "Dimension Drilldowns".
The different options are:
Event Category sends the customer name, folder ID, publication ID and the event type.
Example: ’borsen//902/12264 - Download’
Event Label shows the date of the event.
Event Action describes the type of download or the way in which the paper was accessed.
Example: ’Subscription’, InAppSingleIssue’, ’InAppSubscription’, ‘Voucher’, ‘Web’, ‘Demo’.
7. For specific date range, go to the top right corner and choose the desired date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same one to get data for a new date range, you don't need to make a new report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact Customer Care on email@example.com who will forward it to our Business Consulting department.