This article will show you how to retrieve data from our download event.
We have defined the download event on our own to include download events across all newer versions on all platforms. This means that you can see the total number of downloads for iOS, Android and Desktop in the same place in Google Analytics.
A download is triggered when a user opens a specific publication for the first time. A download event can only be registered once per specific publication, unless said publication is deleted and downloaded again. On web a download event is cached at the first opening of a publication. A user can cache up to 30 unique publications. The same publication can resend a download event if the cache is cleaned or opened again as publication number 31.
1. Make sure you are logged in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Choose your ePaper, and navigate to your desired view
3. Go to 'Custom Reports' located under the customization tab in the top left side of GA
4. Click 'New Custom Report'
5. Fill out the forms exactly like the image below and click 'save'
*Remember to set the filter to ‘Regex’ to make sure Google can find all the event data.
6. Now you can see the total number of downloads as displayed below.
The content being shown is different depending on your choice in "Dimension Drilldowns".
The different options are:
Event Category sends the customer name, folder ID, publication ID and the event type.
Example: ’borsen/902/12264 - Download’
Event Label shows the date of the event.
Event Action describes the type of download or the way in which the paper was accessed.
Example: ’Subscription’, InAppSingleIssue’, ’InAppSubscription’, ‘Voucher’, ‘Web’, ‘Demo’.
7. For specific date range, go to the top right corner and choose the desired date range.
When the custom report is made, it is saved to your customization tab and you can use the same one to get data for a new date range, you don't need to make a new report the next time you want data.
If you would like more information or guidance, feel free to contact Customer Care on email@example.com who will forward it to our Business Consulting department.