In Visiolink we wish to provide the best support for our colleagues in other customer service teams. To do that we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions from readers and end users. Did we leave out your favorite FAQ? Leave a comment, and we will add it to the list.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My publication started to download, but when I click on "My magazines"/"My newspaper", I can see that it has stopped at 12 Mb
- Your tablet/mobile may have lost its internet connection. Check your device to ensure that there is still a network connection. Next, go to the app again and press "My magazines"/"My Newspaper". Next, press and hold the publication in question until you are able to continue downloading. If this does not work, try deleting the publication and downloading it again. Once you have paid for it, you will not have to pay for it again.
Even though I have logged in with my subscription number, when I try to access a magazine, the app sends a notification stating that the login has failed
- Try accessing the publication in question again. Press the desired magazine icon, carefully re-enter your subscription number, and press "Log in". If you are still unable to log in, you can find help by pressing the link to the FAQ page described in "error notification".
The publication freezes up when I turn the pages
- Wait until the publication is fully downloaded. When the magazine or newspaper is downloading, it takes up space in your tablet/phone's memory and processor, which can result in an application freezing up.
Why can't I find older magazine /newspaper issues?
- To optimise an app's performance and enhance the start page reading experience, we only show the latest 14 issues. However, if you have downloaded a magazine, it will remain under the "My magazine" /"My newspaper" folder until you erase it.
I accidentally deleted a magazine that I would like to have again. Will I have to pay for it again?
- No. Once you have paid for a magazine, it is yours to access as often as you like. All you have to do is find it and download it once again, free of charge.
I am unable to download the app
- Ensure that your tablet/phone has a sufficient amount of remaining memory. If it does not, you may need to delete apps or files such as photos or videos in order to free up space for the desired app.
My Android app won't save the magazine I've purchased
- Go to the "Preferences" menu located in the upper right-hand corner. Under "Storage spaces" you can choose where you want the app is to save the magazines or newspaper you wish to read. If the app is set to "None", it will not save any content.
I am unable to retrieve a publication via my Android app when using the 3G network
- Go to the "Preferences" menu located in the upper right-hand corner. Under "Use mobile network" you can set the app to download publications on the mobile network. However, many people have a limited amount of monthly data as stipulated by their mobile carrier contracts, in which only a certain number gigabytes can be used per month. If this is the case, you should keep an eye on your monthly use.