Social Sharing 2.0 is a sharing system from Visiolink designed to work consistently across platforms with a branded sharing page. It works by sharing a link to a branded sharing page (Landing page) with shared article information through either Email or Social Media.
Visiolink's Social Sharing 2.0 ensures the end-user:
- A branded experience: Brand logo, brand color and publication title are displayed on the landing page
- A consistent user experience across platforms: No matter where users are sharing from/to, Social Sharing 2.0 ensures a consistent user-experience across platforms
Visiolink's Social Sharing 2.0 gives you the possibility to:
- Identify sharing sources: If requested, Visiolink can deliver data parameters which make it possible for you to identify the sharing source when forwarded to your webpage e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Display as much of the shared article as you wish: You decide how much of a shared article is visible to users based on number of characters
- Include up to three buttons on the landing page: "Open App Store", "Open Play Store", and a customizable button, commonly used to link to your website
How does it work?
When sharing an article you can share it with mail or through social media. Either way, what you share is not a direct link to the article, but a link to a landing page where the receiver sees the article or part of it. The landing page is an essential part of the sharing experience, to make sure there is value for all readers, even those not having access to the publication. At the bottom of the landing page there is option for several buttons leading the reader wherever you want - usually the full article which requires login or your website.
So in short, the sharing journey looks like this:
Receive share link -> landing page -> where you want
Social Sharing 2.0 works by sharing a link to a landing Page. We can share link through various means like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. All apps which Andoid/iOS support is also supported by us. On web it's only Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Whatsapp and mail.
It's not up to us how the different applications visually display the links, but we've added handles for them to display images and headline, text, etc.
Below you can see an example of an article shared on Facebook (Web), Twitter (iOS) and WhatsApp (Android).
A Link will always expire after 30 days, unless the recipient is clicking on the link in this time period.
When sharing through Email we will pre-fill the email with some text, an article headline, article blurb and a link to the sharing page. An example can be seen here:
Note that not all email clients work the same and some will not allow us to pre-fill information and use HTML formatting, so those mails will just be the title and the link.
When links are shared via Social Sharing 2.0, social media users who click/tap these links will be directed to a landing page. This landing page consists of a brand logo and publication title, article content (article image, headline, blurb and article body) up to 4 buttons and the option to increase/decrease text size. See the example below:
Landing Page Buttons
The buttons will be to "Open App Store", "Open Play Store" and "CUSTOM" (x2). The custom button can go anywhere you desire, ie. go to your website, go to where customer can buy subscriptions or go to the article itself (would require the Universal Links feature).
You can decide if all or some of the buttons should be hidden.
Landing page customization
Go to this article where we specify how you can customize your landing page.
What are the requirements?
For the optimal experience you need to be on the 2021 December release for both Android and iOS.